Welcome to PatriotsDaily.com!
You may know us better by our old name – BSMW Patriots Game Day. Since 2003, we’ve been offering original fan commentary on the three-time NFL champion New England Patriots.
We’re going to continue doing that, and more, under this new domain and design. These changes are intended to enhance your experience when you visit – a cleaner, better organized page.
Read the latest entry, or browse recent and past posts. Leave a comment or two. Check out the multimedia offerings. Rate the Patriots books that have come out in the last few years. When you’re finished, use the blogroll to launch the Internet’s best football web sites.
As always, we encourage you to give our friendly sponsors your attention.
The name change signals our commitment to deliver new content every day, from the first whistle of training camp to the final gun of the Super Bowl. Our mission is to make Patriots Daily an every-day web destination for discerning Pats fans everywhere. Here is a quick rundown of our planned content for this season:
- On Sundays, Patriots Daily will feature The Sunday Links, a compendium of game day newspaper links, offered with commentary by site editor Scott Benson.
- Every Monday, Benson will return with Game Day Rear View, the site’s weekly game story.
- On Tuesdays, publisher Bruce Allen, who recently began a media column for Patriots Football Weekly, offers a post mortem of links and commentary.
- Wednesdays will feature Direct Snapp, a weekly column by columnist Dan Snapp, a New England native now living in the Midwest.
- Thursdays will feature the stats-based analysis of Bill Barnwell, a Football Outsiders veteran and FoxSports.com contributor.
- On Fridays, the site will offer its weekly Patriots Roundtable, a group discussion featuring Allen, Barnwell, Snapp, and season ticket holders Greg Doyle, Tim Jordan, Kevin Thomas and Travis Graham.
- To round out the week, Greg Doyle will offer a Saturday look at the day’s major college football games with an eye towards the Patriots’ 2008 draft selections.
Readers are strongly encouraged to add to the columns and discussions with comments of their own. We’re looking to create a high level of Patriots talk here, a place where the serious fans of the team can discuss the latest news around the club.
In between columns, there is still plenty of reason to come hang out on Patriots Daily. Our Splashcast Multimedia player contains “channels” of Patriots related content. In the player, you can browse through podcasts from around the web, as well as video clips and slide show tributes. Simply click on the “Start” button in the center of the player to get started. You’ll see menu bars appear above and below the content to control the player. Clicking on ChannelGuide will list out the programming in the Patriots Daily Channel. This content will be constantly updated so keep checking back.
In the middle sidebar, you will also see a section titled “Patriots News” this contains headlines from the great reporters at Reiss’ Pieces, The Point After and Patriots.com. These headlines get automatically updated, so you can check the headlines to see what is happening right up to the moment. Clicking on the links will open the full story for you.
There are many ways to subscribe to our content. You can sign up in your RSS reader by using the links in the right sidebar. You can subscribe to the comments, so you can always keep up with the discussions by the readers. You can even get the daily columns emailed to you by entering your email address in the box. Our columns are going to be available by Podcast as well, meaning you can either play them right on the page, or download them into your MP3 player and listen on your way to work or at the gym. We may offer Podcast-only shows in the future as well.
Welcome to those who have visited us in the past, and to those who are finding us for the first time. Your support is, as always, most appreciated. Have a great season.