Yes, you know the regular season is here when you get the first injury report.We’ll be fine tuning this process as the season goes along, but for today we’ll keep it bare bones simple, just a listing, with a few quick thoughts.
New England Patriots
Player Pos. Injury
- Slater, Matthew WR Elbow Did Not Participate (According to earlier reports today, Slater was the only Patriot not at practice today.)
The following players were listed as “Limited Participation”:
- Connolly, Dan OL Back
- Edelman, Julian WR Ankle
- Morris, Sammy RB Finger
- Pryor, Myron DL Calf
- Springs, Shawn CB Knee
- Welker, Wes WR Knee
- Wheatley, Terrence CB Knee
We’ll get a better idea on those players as we get closer to Monday, but obviously it’s a good sign that they were all out on the field today. Welker, Springs and Pryor especially will bear watching.
The following players were listed on the report, but had “Full Participation” in practice:
- Brady, Tom QB Right Shoulder (Think this will be a season long listing? No mention of the knee, though.)
- Lockett, Bret DB Chest
- Watson, Benjamin TE Hamstring
And for good measure, we’ll throw in the Bills report as well:
- Fine, Derek TE Hamstring DNP
- Florence, Drayton CB Knee DNP
- Johnson, Spencer DT Thigh Limited Participation
Are DNP, Limited, Full the new equivalents of Doubtful, Questionable, Probable?
Slater would have been “OUT” in the old system
I think on Fridays is when they give the classifications of “Out”, “Doubtful”, “Questionable”, and “Probable”.
Wednesdays and Thursdays use the participation scale on the report.
Well, now I think because of the Monday night game, everything is pushed back a day. Maybe the “Out” descriptions will be tomorrow.