The Patriots may be off this week, but Patriots All Access isn’t.
The show airs Friday, Oct. 30 (tonight!) at 7 p.m. on WBZ-TV in Boston, and is available immediately afterward on Patriots.com
- Steve Burton goes one-on-one with QB Tom Brady, the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October
- Dan Roche recaps a successful trip to London for the Patriots with sights, sounds and behind the scenes footage
- Coach Belichick reviews the first half of the season with Scott Zolak; then breaks down the Patriots’ defensive performance against Tampa Bay on The Belestrator
- A conversation between two quarterbacks: Tom Brady and Scott Zolak talk football
- All Access reveals No. 9 on the list of Top 10 Moments in Franchise History, as voted by the fans in honor of the Patriots’ 50th Anniversary
Here is a little more on the Top 10 Moments list:
Patriots Reveal Top 10 Moments in Patriots History as Selected by Fans
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Every Patriots fan has his or her favorite Patriots moment, and in celebration of their 50th season, the Patriots gave fans the opportunity to discuss, debate and vote on the Top 10 Moments in franchise history. The results of the fan vote will be revealed weekly through the end of the season on Patriots All Access on Fridays at 7 p.m. on WBZ-TV and immediately following on Patriots.com.
While there have been many memorable moments in the Patriots’ first half century of play, a nomination committee took on the difficult task of narrowing them down to a collection of 50 snapshots of Patriots history. Fans had the final say, creating their own “Top 10 Moments” list on Patriots.com by sorting and ranking their favorite Patriots moments from the larger list.
Last week, the Number 10 moment in Patriots history, as voted by the fans, was announced. Fans selected the famous “Squish the Fish” game against the Miami Dolphins in the 1985 AFC Championship, a win that capped off the Patriots’ improbable run to Super Bowl XX and broke the Patriots’ 18-game losing streak in the Orange Bowl. The decisive win sent the Patriots organization to its first Super Bowl, and left the lasting image of Head Coach Raymond Berry being carried off the field on the shoulders of his players.
“That game was our destiny,” NFL and Patriots Hall of Famer Andre Tippett told Patriots All Access. “That was supposed to happen. It was a game that we were not going to lose.”
During the offseason and throughout the 2009 regular season, Patriots fans have also been able to join the debate and cast their votes in a series of 20 “Top 10 All-Time” lists on Patriots.com. As part of the 50th anniversary celebration, the lists have chronicled all aspects of Patriots history. Fans can still vote for the remaining Top 10 lists at top10.patriots.com.
This Friday, October 30, Patriots All Access will reveal No. 9 on the countdown of Top 10 Moments in Franchise History.